This Maple Pecan Granola has become our go-to granola flavor this fall and early winter. You’ll love it in a bowl of yogurt or packed in a ziplock bag for a hearty snack on the go. It’s gluten-free and vegan too! I like to think it’s also healthy seeing that it’s sweetened with maple syrup as opposed to sugar. In a pretty jar, this granola would make a perfect holiday gift for a friend or neighbor.
Maple syrup, maple extract, vanilla and a bit of maple sugar flavor hearty oats, pumpkin seeds and chopped pecans. The maple sugar adds an extra crispness to the finished granola. This recipe is quick and easy to make, will warm up your kitchen and make your house smell incredible. I promise that this granola is 100% better than any granola that you could ever buy at the grocery store.
Making the Maple Pecan Granola:
You’re going to start by combining your pumpkin seeds, pecans, oats, maple sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl. Next, you’ll combine your maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract in a two cup measuring cup. Drizzle the liquid ingredients over the oat and nut combination and stir, making sure that all of the oats and nuts are well coated with the syrup and coconut oil. Finally you will spread the granola evenly onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 24 minutes at 350° stirring half way through baking. Once the granola has cooled, you will break it up a bit and transfer it to a large container for storage.
This granola is easy to make and tastes incredible! It’s the perfect addition to your next morning bowl of yogurt. Add seasonal fruit or dried cranberries for a real treat. I hope that you love this newest granola recipe as much we do. If you aren’t a fan of maple or pecans, check out our other Maple and Thyme granola recipes below.
Maple Pecan Granola
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple sugar brown sugar would be a fine substitute
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, pecans, pumpkin seeds, maple sugar and salt. In a large glass measuring cup, combine coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Stir until well combined. Drizzle the liquid ingredients over the oat and nut mixture. Mix well. Spread combined granola onto prepared sheet pan. Bake for 23-24 minutes, mixing half way through baking time.
- Leave the granola to cool completely. Store cooled granola in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.
KITCHEN TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS THAT I USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
This post contains affiliate links to products that I use for baking and cooking. If you click on these links, and make a purchase, I will earn a small commission. The commission is paid by the retailers, not by you. I only link to products that I use, love, and think you may love as well.