These toasted pumpkin seeds are a delicious garnish for the Maple Roasted Squash and Apple Soup recipe that I previously posted. They pop in your mouth and they are a perfect balance of sweet and savory. Enjoy them as a garnish for a favorite soup or salad, or as a healthy and delicious snack any time. Kids love them!!!
Maple Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 cup Pepitas
- 1/4 tsp Papa Joe's Salt or 1/4 tsp salt and a pinch of pepper
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a quarter sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the Pepitas, Papa Joe's Salt or salt and pepper, maple syrup, and olive oil. Stir to combine.
- Spread evenly onto the sheet pan and drizzle with any remaining liquid from the bowl.
- Roast at 350° F for 10-15 minutes. You will begin to smell a nutty, sweet flavor coming from the oven. This means that they are ready.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool thoroughly. Enjoy as a delicious snack or use as a garnish for your favorite soup or salad.