Dark Chocolate Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies
Crispy edges and a doughy center, this cookie is packed with some serious chocolate and flavored with orange zest, extract, and juice. This is the perfect cookie when you are craving some grown-up flavored serious chocolate in your life.
Servings: 36 cookies
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, slightly melted and cooled
- 1 cup (200g) light brown sugar, firmly packed
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon orange extract, at room temperature
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice or juice of ½ an orange
- 1 tablespoon orange zest or zest of 1 orange
- 1 ½ cups (200g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoon (65g) natural cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375°. In a large mixing bowl (or in the bowl of your stand mixer), cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
Add the two eggs and vanilla, orange extract, orange juice, and orange zest. Stir to combine, scraping the edges of the bowl as needed
In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix (on low speed) until just combined. I like to add the dry ingredients in 2 parts. Mix in the chocolate chips.
Scoop about 1.5 tbsps (#40 scoop) dough onto a lined half sheet pan. Leave about 2 inches of space between cookies.
Bake cookies at 375° for exactly 10 minutes.
Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to sit on the baking pans for 5-7 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. The cookies can be stored in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 141mg | Potassium: 146mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 140IU | Vitamin C: 1.1mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1.7mg