The Best Fudge Brownies
Servings: 16 brownies
This recipe for the Best Fudgy Brownies is seriously full of chocolate. The batter is flavored with both cocoa powder and melted bittersweet chocolate. Then, chocolate chips are folded in!!! You'll love the fudgy texture, crisp edges, and that crackly top that we all know and love.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 ounces (66g) bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup (100g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup (70g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (40g) dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup (115g) semi sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9 x 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
In a small saucepan, melt 1/2 cup of butter over low heat. Once the butter is melted, remove the pan from heat. Add the broken pieces of bittersweet chocolate and allow them to melt.
While the butter and chocolate are melting, combine the sugars in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
Add the melted butter and chocolate to the sugars and mix thoroughly. Add the eggs and vanilla to the chocolate mixture. Mix until well combined.
Add the dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture and mix until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Spread the batter into the parchment lined baking pan.
Bake for 20-25 minutes. Begin testing the brownies to see if they are baked at 20 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the brownies should have a few sticky brownie crumbs stuck to it letting you know that they are done.
Remove brownies from the oven and cool completely. Once the brownies are cool, lift the parchment paper and brownies from the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Cut the brownies into 16 squares.
Brownies can be stored at room temperature for up to a week but they won't last that long.
- I like to use Ghirardelli Bittersweet Chocolate for this recipe.
- My favorite cocoa powder is Guittard Rouge Cocoa Powder.
- If you choose to bake this recipe in an 8 x 8 inch baking pan, bake for 25-27 minutes at 350°.
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 104mg | Potassium: 186mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 215IU | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1.9mg