Servings: 4 servings
A summertime twist on a classic guacamole, this chunky, hearty recipe has all of the usual ingredients in it the the added surprise and sweetness of bites of sweet, fresh mango. This guacamole is great served alongside a fish taco, a quesadilla, or with a big bowl of crunchy tortilla chips.
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 cup fresh mango, peeled and diced
- ½ cup fresh tomato, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ½ - 1 whole jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped I generally start with ½ of the jalapeño and adjust the warmth as needed
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from about.1 lime)
- 1 teaspoon Papa Joe's Salt or combination of salt and pepper
In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine mango, tomato, red onion, jalapeño, garlic, and chopped cilantro.
Cut each avocado in half and remove the pits. Score each avocado, slicing into squares, slightly mash, and scoop into the bowl with the other veggies
Squeeze the fresh lime juice over the veggies. Add Papa Joe's salt or salt and pepper. Mix/mash with a large fork. If you like your guacamole filled with larger chunks of avocado, don't mash it as much You can add additional Papa Joe's or lime juice as needed.
Enjoy with your favorite main course or with a big bowl of tortilla chips. Guacamole can be stored for up to 3 days, covered in the refrigerator. If the top of your guacamole turns a little brown, you can scoop and discard the brown layer to find the bright green guacamole underneath.
Calories: 152kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2336mg | Potassium: 512mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 2675IU | Vitamin C: 85.2mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 0.5mg