You are going to absolutely love these Brown Butter Milk Chocolate Chip Blondies. They have a toasted, butterscotch flavor, chewy middles, a shiny, crackly top and perfectly crisp edges. The batter is filled with milk chocolate chips and the blondies are baked to perfection. Make this one bowl recipe in less than 30 minutes.
Enjoy these blondies on their own or serve warm blondies with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and maybe a little bit of homemade chocolate sauce. If you love bar cookies as much as I do, be sure to check out our White Chocolate Raspberry Blondies.
❤️ Why You'll Love This Recipe
- quick and easy - a great dessert when you are strapped for time or have a last minute need for dessert
- brown butter - insanely delicious and gives the blondies a lovely butterscotch flavor
- one bowl, one pan, one spatula
- blondies travel well - this is a great recipe to take to a dinner party, play date or to mail to a friend
- brown butter - adds a ton of flavor and caramel flavor to your baked goods
- brown sugar - adds moisture and flavor to the blondies
- milk chocolate chips - I like to use the milk chocolate chips from Ghiradelli
dark chocolate chip blondies - swap the milk chocolate chips out for your favorite dark chocolate chips
milk chocolate macadamia nut blondies - add in ¾ cups of chopped macadamia nuts (roasted and salted)
Be sure to see the recipe card for the full list of ingredients and detailed recipe instructions.
Combine the cooled brown butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined.
Mix the egg and vanilla into the blondie batter.
Mix the dry ingredients into the blondie batter.
Gently fold in the milk chocolate chips.
Spread the batter in to a 9 x 9 inch baking pan that has been lined with parchment paper. Press the dough down with the back of a spatula or with your fingers.
Bake at 350° for 17-18 minutes. Remove blondies from the oven and allow to cool in the pan until the blondies are completely firm.
Hint: go ahead and use your hands to press the batter into the pan - it's truly the easiest way to get the job done.
🤓 Expert Tips
How to Make Brown Butter:
- Place butter in a small sauce pan and cook over medium heat until the butter becomes bubbly, fragrant and nutty smelling - swirl and stir as needed
- Watch closely for small brown bits to begin forming on the bottom of the pan - this will happen around 5 minutes
- As soon as you begin to see brown bits in the butter, remove the butter from the heat
- Transfer butter to your mixing bowl and allow to cool for a few minutes before proceeding with your recipe
- If you leave the butter in the pan it will continue to brown and could even become burnt
Store baked blondies in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
⭐️ Recipe FAQs About
Brownies and blondies are both bar cookies that are baked in a pan. A blondie is with butter and sugar, similar to a chocolate chip cookie. Brownies have unsweetened chocolate and/or cocoa powder in the batter creating a rich, chocolate batter that is then baked in a pan.
Brown butter has been heated on the stove top until the milk solids have browned and developed a nutty smell and flavor. Brown butter adds a nutty, caramel flavor to all of your baked goods.
🍪 Related Recipes
Love this recipe? We'd love to hear about it! Leave us a 5-star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating at the top of the recipe card! We read, respond to and appreciate all of your comments so don't forget to leave a comment below. We love hearing feedback from our readers!
Brown Butter Milk Chocolate Chip Blondies
- ½ cup unsalted butter, browned and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1 and ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
For the Brown Butter
- Place butter in a small sauce pan and cook over medium heat until the butter becomes bubbly, fragrant and nutty smelling - swirl and stir as neededWatch closely for small brown bits to begin forming on the bottom of the pan - this will happen around 5 minutesAs soon as you begin to see brown bits in the butter, remove the butter from the heatTransfer butter to your mixing bowl and allow to cool for a few minutes before proceeding with the recipe
For the Blondies
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9 x 9 inch square baking pan with parchment paper making sure that the paper comes up over the edges of the pan.
- To your brown butter, add the light brown sugar and mix until well combined. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. Gently fold in the salt and flour. Add the chocolate chips and mix until well distributed.
- Using a spatula or your hand, spread the batter evenly into your prepared pan.
- Bake for 17-18 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Remove blondies from oven and allow to cool in the baking pan for at least 30 minutes. Use the edges of the parchment to pick up and move the blondies to a cooling rack. Cool for an additional 30-45 minutes before cutting into squares.Blondies can be stored in a airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.