Apple Butter Oat Flour Pancakes are gluten free (when you use certified gluten free oats), so easy to make and filled with tons of fall flavors. The pancakes are made with your favorite apple butter, cinnamon and ginger. This recipe is naturally sweetened with maple sugar and is dairy free too.
❤️ Why You'll Love This Recipe
Be sure to see the recipe card for exact quantities and detailed instructions.
- oats - be sure to use gluten free oats if you'd like the recipe to be gluten free. Oats can be rolled or quick cook oats.
- apple butter - we use a homemade apple butter in our pancakes but have also had good luck with Musselman's which you can find at your local grocery store.
- maple sugar - adds maple flavor to the pancakes without adding too much liquid to the recipe - you can swap for light brown sugar if you don't have maple sugar
- coconut milk - you can swap for your favorite plant based milk
In your blender, combine the oats, spices, baking powder, salt, apple butter, eggs and coconut milk. Blend on low until smooth.
Pour batter onto hot griddle. Sprinkle with grated apple. Cook pancakes until they are bubbly. Flip to cook on the other side.
Serve pancakes warm with fresh apple slices and warm maple syrup.
Hint: The pancake batter will last for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. Make a double batch and store some in the refrigerator. You can have fresh, fall pancakes as often as you want them!
⭐️ Recipe FAQs
I love making pancakes with oatmeal or oat flour. You end up with a fluffy, whole grain pancake filled with flavor. For this particular recipe, you add the oats right to the blender and mix everything together. Easy and delicious!
Oat flour creates hearty and flavorful baked goods. I love to use oat flour in muffins, pancakes, and quick breads like our Macadamia Nut Banana Bread.
🍎 Related Apple Recipes
Love this recipe? We'd love to hear about it! Leave us a 5-star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating at the top of the recipe card! We read, respond to and appreciate all of your comments so don't forget to leave a comment below. We love hearing feedback from our readers!
Apple Butter Oat Flour Pancakes
- 1 ½ cups quick cook oats
- 3 tablespoons maple sugar can also use coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup coconut milk from refrigerator section, not the one in a can
- ½ cup apple butter can also use apple sauce if you don't have apple butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large apple, finely diced
- In your blender, combine the oats, maple sugar, spices, baking powder, salt, apple butter, eggs, vanilla and coconut milk.
- Turn the blender onto low to combine and then switch to high and really blend everything together. Allow the batter to rest for a few minutes while you peel and finely dice one fresh apple.
- Choose your favorite frying pan or griddle and warm over medium heat. Spray the pan with a little bit of canola oil or add a bit of butter to the pan. Once the pan is warm, pour circles of batter onto the frying pan or griddle.
- Sprinkle each pancake with ½ tablespoon of diced apple. When the middle of each pancake is bubbly and the edges look like they are beginning to cook, flip the pancakes and cook for an additional minute until cooked through.
- Serve pancakes with slices of fresh apple and pure maple syrup! You could even add a sprinkle of your favorite granola as a garnish.