This mango strawberry salsa recipe literally comes together in about 15 minutes. It's fresh, and filled with layers of flavor. Seasonal mango and strawberries are combined with jalapeño, red onion, lime zest and juice, cilantro, garlic, and a hint of pure maple syrup. This juicy, sweet salsa is great served with a bowl of tortilla chips or cinnamon chips. Strawberry Mango Salsa is also a great way to spice up a piece of grilled salmon or chicken. Once you make this fresh salsa, you will never again want salsa from a jar.
What You'll Love About This Recipe
- filled with fresh mango and strawberries
- you control the spice - add as much jalapeño as you like
- perfect with a big bowl of chips, on a burrito or with your favorite grilled fish
- quick and easy to make - less than 15 minutes and it's ready to go!
- a great way to add fresh, tangy flavor to any dish
How to Make Mango Strawberry Salsa:
To make the salsa, you'll start with red onion, garlic, lime zest, and jalapeño in your favorite mixing bowl. Next you'll add the mango and strawberry, toss in the cilantro, and add the lime juice and maple syrup. The final step is to season the salsa with Papa Joe's Salt or salt and pepper. That's it! A quick mix and you're done!
Mango Strawberry Salsa
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon lime zest (zest from ½ lime)
- ½ medium jalapeño, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 cup mango, diced (about 1 large mango)
- 1 cup strawberries, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed (about 1 whole lime)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon Papa Joe's Salt or combination of salt and pepper
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine red onion, garlic, lime zest and jalapeño. Mix to combine.
- Add the mango, strawberries and cilantro to the onion mixture. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the fruit, add the maple syrup and Papa Joe's Salt. Mix to combine. Taste and add additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with a bowl of tortilla chips for a snack or use as a garnish for tacos, burritos, quesadillas, or freshly grilled fish or chicken.
With its fresh flavor, and perfect balance of sweet and spicy, this Mango Strawberry Salsa will be a huge hit at your next BBQ or playdate. If you have a chance to make the recipe, I'd love to know what you think! Please leave a comment here on Maple and Thyme or tag me @mapleandthymeblog on Instagram.