This mango strawberry salsa literally comes together in about 15 minutes. It's fresh, and filled with layers of flavor. Seasonal mango and strawberries are combined with jalapeño, red onion, lime zest and juice, cilantro, garlic, and a hint of pure maple syrup. This juicy, sweet salsa is great served with a bowl of tortilla chips for a healthy, seasonal snack. It would also be a tasty addition to a burrito, quesadilla, or served over a piece of grilled chicken or fish. Also a refreshing side to serve with my Maple Roasted Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas! Once you make this fresh salsa, you will never again want salsa from a jar.
Making the Mango Strawberry Salsa:
To make the salsa, you'll start with red onion, garlic, lime zest, and jalapeño in a mixing bowl. Next you'll add the mango and strawberry, toss in the cilantro, and add the lime juice and maple syrup. The final step is to season the salsa with Papa Joe's Salt or salt and pepper. That's it! A quick mix and you're done! Kids love this salsa. Grown-ups love this salsa. It's really hard to go wrong with fresh seasonal fruit.
Other delicious and easy recipes
- Mango Guacamole
- Easy Homemade Guacamole
- 5 Ingredient Macadamia Nut Pesto
- Summer Panzanella with Lemon Basil Dressing
Mango Strawberry Salsa
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon lime zest (zest from ½ lime)
- ½ medium jalapeño, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 cup mango, diced (about 1 large mango)
- 1 cup strawberries, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed (about 1 whole lime)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon Papa Joe's Salt or combination of salt and pepper
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine red onion, garlic, lime zest and jalapeño. Mix to combine.
- Add the mango, strawberries and cilantro to the onion mixture. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the fruit, add the maple syrup and Papa Joe's Salt. Mix to combine. Taste and add additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with a bowl of tortilla chips for a snack or use as a garnish for tacos, burritos, quesadillas, or freshly grilled fish or chicken.
With its fresh flavor, and perfect balance of sweet and spicy, this Mango Strawberry Salsa will be a huge hit at your next BBQ or playdate. If you have a chance to make the recipe, I'd love to know what you think! Please leave a comment here on Maple and Thyme or tag me @mapleandthymeblog on Instagram.
KITCHEN TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS THAT I USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
This post contains affiliate links to products that I use for baking and cooking. If you click on these links, and make a purchase, I will earn a small commission. The commission is paid by the retailers, not by you. I only link to products that I use, love, and think you may love as well. Any money earned will be used to keep Maple and Thyme running (I go through a lot of chocolate chips:), and I thank you for your support.