A springtime twist on a classic baked oatmeal recipe! You're going to love this seriously orange flavored baked oatmeal. You'll find this recipe easy to make, and filled with crunchy almonds, sweet golden raisins, cozy cinnamon and the perfect amount of pure vanilla extract. This recipe was inspired by one of our most popular granola flavors, Orange Almond! This is an easy dish to pull together for your next brunch - everyone will love it. I've been on a serious orange/citrus kick lately and I promise my next recipe will involve butter and passion fruit! 😊
What You'll Love About This Recipe:
- it's quick and easy to make
- naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup - no refined sugars in here
- easily adaptable - don't like raisins? Swap them out for cranberries or blueberries
- travels well - makes for a fantastic breakfast on the go
- healthy - filled with whole grains, nuts, and protein
- packed with tons of citrus, crunchy almonds and juicy golden raisins
Making the Orange Almond Baked Oatmeal:
This recipe is truly just so easy to make. You'll start with your dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Mix gently to combine. Next, you'll zest one whole orange (preferably organic) directly into the dry ingredients. You'll then squeeze that orange and reserve the juice for the next step. In a 2 cup measuring cup, you'll combine the milk, maple syrup, orange juice, eggs, melted butter and vanilla. You'll whisk until well combined. You'll then pour the liquid ingredients into the to the dry ingredients and mix well to combine. Finally, you'll gently fold in the sliced almonds and golden raisins and you're done. Pour this mixture into a lightly oiled 8 x 8 inch baking pan and bake at 325° for 35 minutes and breakfast is served!
- plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- a drizzle of maple syrup
- segments of fresh orange
- a sprinkle of Maple and Thyme Orange Almond Granola
- your favorite plant based milk product
- fresh orange zest
Other delicious breakfast recipes
- Vegan Peach and Almond Smoothie
- Tropical Green Smoothie
- Best Gluten Free Pancakes
- Light and Fluffy Lemon Pancakes
Orange Almond Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ½ cup golden raisins
- Spread the sliced almonds into a single layer in a line sheet pan. Toast at 250° for 10 minutes or until just lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Butter or oil an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, gently combine oats, orange zest, cinnamon and baking powder.
- In a large glass measuring cup, combine milk, maple syrup, orange juice, eggs, melted butter and vanilla. Whisk to combine. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingedients and mix until well combined. Gently fold in almonds and golden raisins.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake oatmeal for 35 minutes. Allow to cook for 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with your favorite yogurt, a drizzle of maple syrup and a sprinkle of Orange Almond Granola.
I hope that you love this newest recipe and that you have a chance to make it! If you like oranges and citrus as much as I do, check out a few of our other favorite recipes filled with orange!
- Orange Almond Madeleines
- Blood Orange Butter Cookies
- Blood Orange Bourbon Smash
- Dark Chocolate Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies
Don't forget to visit our granola shop to check out our Orange Almond Granola!
Shop This Recipe:
This post contains affiliate links to products that I use for baking and cooking. If you click on these links, and make a purchase, I will earn a small commission. The commission is paid by the retailers, not by you. I only link to products that I use, love, and think you may love as well. Any money earned will be used to keep Maple and Thyme running (I go through a lot of chocolate chips:), and I thank you for your support
Leave a Reply