Warm weather calls for easy drinks with the best flavor! This refreshing strawberry lemonade vodka cocktail is made with fresh strawberries, mint and a homemade strawberry simple syrup.This refreshing drink is sure to become one of your go to summer recipes! For this recipe you can use a store bought strawberry lemonade or follow our recipe below to make your own blended strawberry lemonade.
In this post, we will cover how to make both a homemade blended strawberry lemonade and a naturally sweetened strawberry syrup. The homemade strawberry syrup can be used to make an easy cocktail on a hot day but is also delicious on a stack of homemade pancakes or a bowl of ice cream. If you love summertime cocktails as much as I do, a few other great ideas are our Summer Peach Tea Cocktail or our Strawberry Basil Mojito.
❤️ What You'll Love About This Recipe
- a bright blend of lemonade, sweet strawberry flavor, your favorite vodka and finished with club soda
- a delicious cocktail filled with fruity flavor to enjoy on a hot summer day
- a great way to use that fresh mint growing in your yard
- made with ripe strawberries and simple ingredients
- you can use your favorite homemade lemonade or your favorite grocery store lemonade
- you can make individual glasses or a big batch of this refreshing cocktail
- fresh strawberries - for both the strawberry simple syrup and to muddle with the mint - you could use frozen strawberries too
- homemade or strawberry lemonade - I used a pre made lemonade - if you want a bit more pink in your cocktail, definitely choose a pink lemonade
- fresh mint - adds a refreshing touch to the overall cocktail and makes a beautiful garnish
- honey - for making the strawberry simple syrup
- vodka - choose your favorite - I used Tito's for this recipe but also love a local Boston option Bully Boy
- soda water - plain flavored soda water adds a touch of sparkle to the finished cocktail
- lemon slices - for garnishing the finished drink.
Be sure to see the recipe card for the full list of ingredients and detailed instructions.
Mull the strawberries and mint leaves in a mixing glass.
Add vodka and simple syrup to the berries and mint.
Add lemonade and mix until well combined.
Fill your favorite cocktail glass with ice. Strain cocktail over the ice. Fill the glass with a splash of soda water and garnish with fresh mint and a lemon slice.
Hint: This strawberry simple syrup can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it. I also like to make a double batch because you inevitably end up wishing you had more to make another round of cocktails. It's quite delicious and you may want to considering doubling the recipe to make a large batch of the strawberry syrup.
🥞 Other Uses for Strawberry Syrup
- Strawberry Lemonade Mocktail - make a kid friendly drink - add a splash of strawberry syrup to a glass with ice and top off with lemonade!
- Ice Cream Topping - this strawberry syrup is delicious drizzled over a bowl of your favorite ice cream or sorbet
- Pancake or Waffle Topping - drizzle over your hot stack of pancakes for a special breakfast treat
This strawberry syrup would be amazing on top of our Gluten Free Waffles!
Expert Tip: Making homemade lemonade is delicious and easy! The homemade strawberry lemonade can be made in your favorite blender or food processor in less than 5 minutes. Simply puree the strawberries with the lemon juice, some water and the simple syrup.
🍹 More Delicious Cocktail Recipes
Love this recipe? We'd love to hear about it! Leave us a 5-star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating at the top of the recipe card! We read, respond to and appreciate all of your comments so don't forget to leave a comment below. We love hearing feedback from our readers!
Vodka Strawberry Lemonade
For the Blended Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
For the Strawberry Simple Syrup
- 1 cup strawberries thinly sliced
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
For Each Cocktail
- 3-4 large mint leaves torn
- 1-2 large strawberries sliced
- 1 ounce strawberry simple syrup
- 2 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces lemonade
- 2 ounces soda water
For the Blended Strawberry Lemonade
- Combine one cup of water and sugar in a small sauce pan. Warm until the sugar is completely melted.
- While the sugar and water is warming, juice 5-6 fresh lemons (you should have one cup of fresh lemon juice)
- In the blender, combine the strawberries, lemon juice, remaining 3 cups of water and simple syrup.
- Blend until smooth. Run the lemonade through a fine mesh sieve is a smoother lemonade is preferred. Otherwise, move on to mixing your cocktails.
For the Strawberry Simple Syrup
- Combine the strawberries, honey, water, vanilla and sea salt in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Run the puree through a fine mesh seive placed over a large measuring cup or bowl. Use the back of a spoon to push all liquid through the seive. Store simple syrup in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
For the Cocktail
- In a large mixing glass, mull together the simple syrup, mint and berries.
- Add a scoop of ice and the lemonade - mix well. Strain the cocktail over fresh ice. Top off with a splash of soda water.
- Garnish your cocktail with fresh mint, a lemon slice and a fresh strawberry.