Made with fresh strawberries, mint and a homemade strawberry simple syrup, this refreshing pink vodka lemonade is sure to become your go to summer cocktail!
In this post I will teach you how to make both a homemade, naturally sweetened strawberry syrup for drinks and then how to mix together this refreshing sparkling cocktail. If you love summertime cocktails as much as I do, be sure to also check out our Summer Peach Tea Cocktail or our Strawberry Basil Mojito.
- fresh strawberries - for both the strawberry simple syrup and to muddle with the mint
- lemonade - I used a pre made lemonade - if you want a bit more pink in your cocktail, definitely choose a pink lemonade
- fresh mint - adds a refreshing touch to the overall cocktail and makes a beautiful garnish
- honey - for making the strawberry simple syrup
- vodka - choose your favorite - I used Tito's for this recipe but also love a local Boston option Bully Boy
- soda water - plain flavored soda water adds a touch of sparkle to the finished cocktail
- lemon slices - for garnishing the finished drink.
Be sure to see the recipe card for exact quantities and detailed instructions.
Mull the strawberries and mint leaves in a mixing glass.
Add vodka and simple syrup to the berries and mint.
Add lemonade and mix until well combined.
Strain cocktail over ice, fill the glass with a splash of soda water and garnish with fresh mint and a lemon slice.
Hint: this strawberry simple syrup can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it. I also like to make a double batch because you inevitably end up wishing you had more to make another round of cocktails.
🥞 Other Uses for Strawberry Syrup
- Strawberry Lemonade Mocktail - make a kid friendly drink - add a splash of strawberry syrup to a glass with ice and top off with lemonade!
- Ice Cream Topping - this strawberry syrup is delicious drizzled over a bowl of your favorite ice cream or sorbet
- Pancake or Waffle Topping - drizzle over your hot stack of pancakes for a special breakfast treat
This strawberry syrup would be amazing on top of our Gluten Free Waffles!
🍹 More Delicious Cocktail Recipes
Vodka Strawberry Lemonade
For the Strawberry Simple Syrup
- 1 cup strawberries thinly sliced
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
For Each Cocktail
- 3-4 large mint leaves torn
- 1-2 large strawberries sliced
- 1 ounce strawberry simple syrup
- 2 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces lemonade
- 2 ounces soda water
For the Strawberry Simple Syrup
- Combine the peach, honey, water, vanilla and sea salt in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Run the syrup through a fine mesh seive placed over a large measuring cup or bowl. Use the back of a spoon to push all liquid through the seive. Store simple syrup in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
For the Cocktail
- In a large mixing glass, mull together the simple syrup, mint and berries.
- Add a scoop of ice and the lemonade - mix well. Strain the cocktail over fresh ice. Top off with a splash of soda water.
- Garnish your cocktail with fresh mint, a lemon slice and a fresh strawberry.
Love this recipe? We'd love to hear about it! Leave us a 5-star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating at the top of the recipe card! We read, respond to and appreciate all of your comments so don't forget to leave a comment below. We love hearing feedback from our readers!