Looking for that perfect dessert recipes to make with all of those gorgeous peaches you just picked? Look no further!!! This peach and blueberry crisp recipe will quickly become your go-to, late summertime dessert. This recipe is filled with the freshest peaches, sweet, plump, blueberries and the perfect amount of sweetness. The best part – you can have it all in the oven in under 15 minutes!!! Add a pint of your favorite vanilla bean ice cream and you’ve got a fresh and seasonal dessert any night of the week.
What You’ll Love About This Recipe:
- quick and easy to make – into the oven in less than 15 minutes
- you don’t have to peel the peaches!!
- highlights seasonal fruits and flavors
- not your average crisp – the fruit is lightly sweetened and flavored with almond extract – the addition of mace in the crumble takes this recipe to a whole new level
- great excuse for visiting your local ice cream shop
Making the Peach and Blueberry Crisp:
This will literally take you less than 15 minutes to have into the oven. You’ll wash your fruit, dice the peaches (no need to peel), mix the fruit with the flour, lemon juice, salt and almond extract and spread the fruit into an 8 x 8 inch baking dish. Next, you’ll combine your topping ingredients in a small mixing bowl, add the butter, mix well and sprinkle the crumble over the fruit. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes and dessert (or breakfast) is ready to go!
Other Peach Recipes You’ll Love:
Grilled Peach Caprese Salad with Honey and Basil– grilled peaches, arugula, fresh mozzarella and basil – drizzled with honey
Slow Cooker Maple Peach Butter – the perfect way to bottle up those amazing peaches and enjoy them year round
Almond Peach Scones – tender flaky scones flavored with almond extract and packed with juicy chunks of fresh peach
A Few of Our Favorite Ice Cream Shops – Go Grab a Pint of Vanilla:
This used to be our local shop when we lived in Milton. The owners are the sweetest and their flavors are unique, seasonal, and they are always coming up with something new and exciting to try
Ron has been in the business of churning out batches of hand made ice cream since the 70’s. If you visit the Hyde Park location you can bowl too! You just might see me there with my middle school students too – it’s their favorite field trip destination!
This is our new ice cream stop. So many flavors, fresh and seasonal ingredients AND you can look at the cows!
I hope that you love this newest recipe…it’s been quite popular in our house!
Peach Blueberry Crisp
For the Fruit
- 4 large peaches, cut into 1.5 inch chunks
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Crisp Topping
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
For the Fruit
- Preheat oven to 350° Rinse peaches and blueberries. Roughly chop the peaches into 1-1.5 inch chunks, leaving the skin on.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine fruit, flour, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and almond extracts and salt. Mix well to combine. Arrange fruit in the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
For the Crisp Topping
- In a heatproof bowl, melt the butter for about 45 seconds in the microwave. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, sugars, cinnamon, mace and nutmeg. Mix to combine. Add melted butter and mix well to combine.
- Scatter crisp topping evenly over the prepared fruit. Bake on a lined sheet pan at 350° for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove crisp from the oven and allow to cool for 15-20 minutes. Serve with your favorite vanilla ice cream.