These lazy days of summer days are hot and filled with fun. There’s truly no better way to slow down, and enjoy the end of the day, than with a refreshing cocktail. We couldn’t be more excited about partnering with one of our favorite local brands to bring you our newest recipe, Summer Peach Tea Cocktail!
This perfect summer drink is made with one of our favorite teas – Life’s a Peach from 27 Teas in Candia, New Hampshire. We’ve paired this freshly brewed white tea with a naturally sweetened peach simple syrup, your favorite vodka and an elderflower liqueur. It’s the perfect afternoon refreshment. Kiddos love this iced tea too – minus the vodka of course!
About 27 Teas
27 Teas is a loose leaf tea company based in Canada, New Hampshire and was founded by Margaret Gay. Their tea selection is out of this World! 27 Teas gives a portion of their sales to non profits working to bring clean water and sanitation to people who need it.
The teas are hand blended by Margaret and arrive in beautiful stand up pouches with a sweet, personalized note. My favorite tea is probably the Early Morning Earl Grey or the Tropical Green Tea. I’m also obsessed with Life’s a Peach, which is the tea that I used to make this recipe. My boys love Margaret’s teas too! They often ask for a warm mug of Lemon Drop Chamomile at night before bed. John has recently been brewing his own Orange Hibiscus sun tea. This makes for a refreshing iced tea with honey to enjoy with his afternoon snack.
When you visit 27 Teas be sure to sign up for their email list and save 10% on your first tea order!
What You’ll Love About This Recipe
- full of summertime flavors – tons of peach in this one
- naturally sweetened – this simple syrup is made with local honey
- super easy to make and so refreshing
- that color!!!
- it’s just so refreshing!
How to Make the Iced Tea
There are a few different ways to make iced tea. My favorite is definitely to make “sun tea”. You simply combine 1 tablespoon of loose leaf tea (or one tea bag) with 8 ounces of water in a glass container. Next, you leave this out in the sun for 6-8 hours to brew. Once it’s ready, simply strain the tea and move to the refrigerator for storage.
Alternatively, you can “cold brew” the tea which is the same recipe, 1 tablespoon of tea (or one tea bag) for every 8 ounces of water. You’ll combine water and tea in a container, cover and store this in the refrigerator for 6-12 hours. Once the tea is at the desired strength, strain and enjoy or store for later.
If you’re short on time, you can bring a pot of water to a boil and mix 4 tablespoons of loose leaf tea with 2 cups of hot water. Steep for 3 minutes. Strain the tea and add 2 cups of cold water or ice cubes to the hot tea and refrigerate until you are ready to use.
How to Make the Peach Simple Syrup
I love using simple syrups to flavor cocktails but I don’t like adding a bunch of sugar to my drinks. I love this simple syrup because it is naturally sweetened with honey – adding sweetness to your cocktail without adding a bunch of refined sugar.
To make this peach syrup, you’ll begin by combining one sliced peach with 1/3 cup honey, 1/2 cup water, 1 teaspoon vanilla and a pinch of salt in a small sauce pan. You’ll bring this mixture to a boil and then remove from the heat, allowing the syrup to rest and infuse for 30 minutes. Once the mixture has cooled, you’ll run the syrup through a fine mesh sieve and transfer to an airtight container until you are ready to mix your cocktails.
Putting it All Together
You’ll start by prepping your favorite cocktail glasses with 2-3 large ice cubes and a few fresh peach slices. Next, you’ll combine the simple syrup, vodka and elderflower liqueur in your cocktail shaker or a large measuring cup and mix until well combined. Pour this combination over the ice in your cocktail glasses. Fill each glass with your peach iced tea. Garnish with fresh mint and enjoy.
A special thank you to my friend Scott Matthews for his expert cocktail tasting skills – you can thank him for the St Germain 😊.
Other delicious cocktail recipes
- Slow Cooker Warm Apple Cider
- Best Spicy Pineapple Citrus Margarita
- Sparkling Ruby Red Grapefruit Cocktail
- Blood Orange Bourbon Smash
- Fresh Squeezed Grapefruit Ginger Mimosa
Peach Iced Tea Cocktail
- small sauce pan
- fine mesh sieve
- cocktail glasses
- cocktail shaker or glass measuring cup
For the Iced tea
- 4 tablespoons loose leaf tea or 4 teabags
- 4 cups water
For the Simple Syrup
- 1 large peach, sliced
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch sea salt
For Each Cocktail
- 1.5 ounces peach simple syrup
- 1.5 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce St Germain liquer
- 4-6 ounces tea
- peaches, sliced
- fresh mint leaves
For the Peach SImple Syrup
- Combine the peach, honey, water, vanilla and sea salt in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Run the syrup through a fine mesh seive placed over a large measuring cup or bowl. Use the back of a spoon to push all liquid through the seive. Store simple syrup in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
For the Tea
- Combine 4 tablespoons of loose leaf tea and 4 cups of water in a large pitcher or container Leave in the sun for 6-8 hours. Strain and chill until ready to serve.
For Each Cocktail
- Place 2-3 large ice cubes in each glass. Add 2-3 thin slices of peach to each glass.
- In a cocktail shaker or glass measuring cup, combine the peach simple syrup, vodka and elderflower liquer. Shake or mix until well combined. Pour mixture over ice. Fill each glass with iced tea and garnish with fresh mint.