Looking for a late summer salad that is easy to make but looks like you put a ton of effort into it? This Grilled Peach Caprese Salad with Honey and Basil is your perfect solution. Refreshing layers of arugula, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, grilled peaches and basil are drizzled with local honey and olive oil. An incredible side dish or an easy to make summertime meal, this salad is the perfect way to enjoy those peaches that just arrived in your farm share.
Early this past summer, a copy of Bon Appetit arrived in our mailbox. The front cover had a pizza topped with ricotta, basil, and grilled peaches. The pizza looked so refreshing yet complex and I just couldn't get those grilled peaches out of my mind. Because of that picture, all summer long, I found myself making variations of a Grilled Peach Caprese Salad. Once the heirloom tomatoes started making their way into our farm share, I knew it was time to post this recipe for all of you.
I love salads because they are just so easy to make and there is so much room for creativity. As always, you can make this salad as I have described here, or you can make it your own.
- You could add something crunchy - some toasted nuts or grilled croutons like the ones in my Summer Panzanella Salad.
- You could add a piece of grilled chicken or fish to the top of this salad if that's more your speed
- Swap the peaches out for nectarines
Use this beautiful combination of fresh, late summer flavors as a jumping off point for your next get together or easy weeknight dinner. I hope you love this newest salad recipe and I can't wait to hear about how it turns out in your kitchens.
Other delicious and easy recipes
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
- Sweet Corn and Bacon Pizza with Arugula
- Summer Panzanella with Lemon Basil Dressing
- 5 Ingredient Macadamia Nut Pesto
- Potatoes Au Gratin
Grilled Peach Caprese Salad with Honey and Basil
- 5 ounces arugula
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 2 large peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 large heirloom tomato, or a ripe tomato
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon Papa Joe's Salt or combination of salt and pepper
- Halve and pit the peaches. Brush with olive oil and grill, cut side down over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until grill marks appear. Flip the peaches over and grill on the skin side for 3-5 minutes until you are happy with the grill marks and the peaches are tender.
- Using a serrated knife, slice the tomato into ¼ inch rounds. Slice the fresh mozzarella into ¼ inch rounds. Slice the grilled peaches - I like to cut each grilled half into 2-3 slices.
- Spread the arugula onto a large serving platter. Arrange the grilled peaches, tomatoes and fresh mozzarella slices on top of the arugula. Arrange the basil leaves all over the salad. I like using the smallest leaves of basil, they look pretty and no need to cut. This is a trick I learned from Cookie and Kate 🙂
- Drizzle the olive oil and honey over the entire salad. Sprinkle with Papa Joe's Salt or salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to two days.
KITCHEN TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS THAT I USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
This post contains affiliate links to products that I use for baking and cooking. If you click on these links, and make a purchase, I will earn a small commission. The commission is paid by the retailers, not by you. I only link to products that I use, love, and think you may love as well.