This is literally one of the easiest and tastiest side dishes that you will ever make! Asparagus is so delicious, and so good for your body. It’s an antioxidant, loaded with vitamins and minerals, and can even boost your brain power. Not sure about you, but I could use a little boost to my brain power right about now. The bright green bunches are readily available in just about every grocery store this time of year. This recipe is guaranteed to send you back to the market for more. Lemon Roasted Asparagus makes a great side for a roasted piece of fish, a chicken dish, and is great to cut into bite sized pieces and add to your salad for lunch. This would also be a fresh and colorful side for your Easter Brunch or dinner.
Preparing the Asparagus for the Oven:
You’ll want to give your asparagus a quick rinse in the sink and dry each stalk carefully with paper towels. Next, you will trim the ends from the stalks and place the asparagus on a sheet pan. Once you have trimmed all of the asparagus, you’ll drizzle the stalks with olive oil, sprinkle them with Papa Joe’s Salt, and finish it off with a squeeze of fresh lemon. That’s it! Literally five minutes of prep and they are ready for the oven!
Roasting the Asparagus:
You’ll roast the asparagus on a parchment lined half sheet pan at 400° for 25 minutes. Done. So easy…and absolutely delicious!
Lemon Roasted Asparagus
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Papa Joe's Salt or combination of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- Preheat oven to 400°. Rinse and dry your asparagus. Trim the ends of the asparagus (cut about 1/2 inch from each stalk) and arrange on a parchment lined half sheet pan.
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil. and roll the asparagus around on the sheet pan a little so that they are completely covered with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle with Papa Joe's Salt or salt and pepper. Squeeze lemon juice evenly over the asparagus. I like to tuck the squeezed lemon into the pan of asparagus for roasting.
- Roast at 400° for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to a dish for serving.