Our apple cider whiskey cocktail is made with fresh apple cider, your favorite whiskey, pure maple syrup, orange bitters and a splash of ginger beer. This simple fall cocktail is easy to make, refreshing and full of flavor.
The sweetness of the cider is balanced out by the orange bitters and sparkling ginger beer. Garnish with a cinnamon stick or a sprig of fresh rosemary for a beautiful cocktail to celebrate the holiday season. Our step by step instructions will have this delicious apple cider cocktail in your hands in no time at all!
❤️ What You'll Love About This Recipe
- made with simple ingredients - no need to make a simple syrup or squeeze citrus - this drink is made with maple syrup and real apple cider
- a festive cocktail - perfect for Thanksgiving dinner, chilly nights in or for a festive holiday party
- made with your favorite whiskey or whiskey bourbon - this bourbon apple cider cocktail is the perfect fall cocktail
- that cinnamon sugar rim is both gorgeous and delicious!
- the perfect cocktails to add to your list of favorite holiday cocktails
- apple cider - choose a fresh apple cider for this recipe
- orange bitters - you can pick these up at your local grocery or liquor store - the bitters balance out the flavors in the cocktail for a more complete flavor profile
- ginger beer - adds a bit of sparkle and subtle ginger flavor - if you can't find ginger beer, you can use your favorite ginger ale
- whiskey or bourbon whiskey - choose your favorite whiskey for this cocktail - I typically choose something local to my area to support the local distilleries
ginger beer - you can swap the ginger beer for ginger ale - your cocktail will be a bit sweeter but delicious
apple cider - No fresh apple cider? You can substitute sparkling apple cider for the apple cider in this cocktail.
Be sure to see the recipe card for the full list of ingredients and detailed recipe instructions.
Combine the whiskey, apple cider, orange bitters and maple syrup in a large mixing glass or your favorite cocktail shaker. Mix until combined and the maple syrup has dissolved.
Mix cinnamon and sugar on a small plate. Coat the edge of the individual glasses with maple syrup and coat with the cinnamon and sugar.
Fill the cinnamon sugar rimmed cocktail glass with ice. Pour cocktail over the ice.
Fill the glass with a splash of ginger beer and garnish with a fresh apple slice or twist of orange peel.
Hint: Use a pastry brush to line the rims of your cocktail glasses with maple syrup before coating with the cinnamon and sugar.
🤓 Expert Tips
Make It a Big Batch
It's easy to make this cozy cocktail as a large batch to serve a crowd. In a large pitcher or mason jar combine:
- 3 ounces maple syrup
- 1 ½ cups bourbon
- 2 ¼ cups apple cider
- 1 ½ cups ginger beer
- 10-15 splashes of bitters
Mix ½ cup sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Coat the edge of 6 cocktail glasses with maple syrup and coat with the cinnamon and sugar. Fill glasses with ice. Pour apple cider and whiskey over ice. Top each glass off with cold ginger beer. Mix and garnish cocktails with thinly sliced apples or a slice of orange.
⭐️ Recipe FAQs About
You know it! Apple cider and whiskey make a perfect pair any time of year but especially on a chilly fall day.
Apple juice would be the best substitute for apple cider. You could also use sparkling apple cider if fresh apple cider is out of season.
Love this recipe? We'd love to hear about it! Leave us a 5-star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating at the top of the recipe card! We read, respond to and appreciate all of your comments so don't forget to leave a comment below. We love hearing feedback from our readers!
The Best Apple Cider Whiskey Cocktail
- 1 ounce maple syrup
- 4 ounces bourbon
- 6 ounces apple cider
- 4 ounces ginger beer
- 4-5 splashes of bitters
- Combine the whiskey, apple cider, orange bitters and maple syrup in a large mixing glass or your favorite cocktail shaker. Mix until combined and the maple syrup has dissolved.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar on a small plate. Coat the edge of the individual glasses with maple syrup and coat with the cinnamon and sugar.
- Fill the cinnamon sugar rimmed cocktail glass with ice. Pour cocktail over the ice. Fill the glass with a splash of ginger beer and garnish with a fresh apple slice or twist of orange peel.